The Department of Radiotherapy in the Yangon General Hospital was first founded in 1958.
Initially it was under the ward 3& 4 of the Rangoon General Hospital. In 1963, a separate 60-bedded
ward was assigned as a radiotherapy ward.
Cancer chemotherapy was taken care of by successive radiation oncologist since the time the Radiotherapy Department was first established until August 1996 when the first medical oncologist was appointed.
Medical oncology department was created only in 2009. Medical oncology department has been providing service to the patients and disseminating knowledge and skills to professional colleagues, and medical students, both undergraduate and postgraduate alike.
|No||Name||From – To|
|1||Dr Myo Myint Maw
M.B.,.B.S M.Med.Sc ( Int.Medicine)
MRCP (UK) FRCP (Edin)
Training certificate in Medical oncology ( NUH)