The department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation was established in 1958 at Yangon General Hospital. It was one of the earliest specialty departments of Yangon General Hospital and situated on the Bogyoke Aung San Road, Latha Township, and Yangon. It provides both in-patient (50 beds +) and out-patient rehabilitation care, which are approximately 800 out- patients taking treatment every week.
|No||Name||Graduate||From – To|
|1||Dr. Daw Mya Sein||M.B; B.S, D. Phy. Med. R.C.S (Eng) ,R.C.P (Lond.)||1958-1984|
|2||Dr. U Hla Pe||M.B;B.S,
Rehab & Prosthetic Training (USA)
|3||Prof. Dr. U Than Toe||M.B;B.S,D. Phy.Med, R.C.S (Lond.),R.C.P (Eng)||1986-2005|
|4||Prof. Daw Khin Myo Hla||M.B;B.S , PhD (Japan)
Dip. Med. Ed.