Those entitled to be member of the University of Medicine(1) Library:
- All registered undergraduate students of the Uiversity except 1st. & 2nd. M.B.B.S students who may be member at the Branch Library (Pyay Street Campus).
- All registered postgraduate students of the University.
- Full-time and part-time academic staff of the University.
- External users may use and borrow the library materials only by Sa Ma card.
- Undergraduate students may borrow 2 books at a time.
- Postgraduate students and academic staff may borrow 3 books at a time.
- All books except reference may be borrowed 2 weeks per each.
- Reference books are allowed to borrow overnight only.
- Journals are not allowed to borrow.
- Members must return or renew their books when due.
- Membership card will not be allowed to transfer.
- All books must be returned immediately when recalled.
- All members are allowed two renewals, but it is not a reserved book which will be allowed for next renewal.
- Members can place a hold (reserve) on a book at the Circulation Section.
- Reference books including dissertations may be collected one hour before the library closes.
- It must be returned before 11:00 am the next opening day.
- Fines are leived on overdue books.
- Rates of fines are mentioned below:
- -Two weeks loan book- kyats 5 per day.
- -Overnight loan book- kyats 10 per day.